Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Light bulb moment...

You know what I decided today? I decided that I'm done apologizing for being ME. I'm done saying sorry for the music I listen to or the way that I raise my kids. I'm done saying sorry for the friends that I keep, or the things that I find interesting. I'm done appeasing people. I'm done with the fake smiles and laughter. I'm NOT a bad person, and I refuse to let anyone treat me like I am. I am done saying sorry for my "quirks". I'm pretty freaking normal considering people in this day and age... I don't kick bunny rabbits or trip little kids... I'm pretty damn NORMAL. I'm HAPPY being me. If you don't like me, don't worry about me. If you think I'm not raising my children properly, take it somewhere else, I DON'T CARE. You think I'm spoiled? Well, I am- by my mother, father, husband and my two perfect daughters- they spoil me AND... I let them! I'm done worrying about the people who are worrying ABOUT WHAT I'm DOING! If you don't like me, don't worry about what I'm doing... It's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! I have enough to worry about in my life... don't YOU in yours?! I am not going to burden people anymore. I won't pretend to like you, and you can stop pretending to like me! I don't need anyone in my life other than the people who genuinely care about me... if that's not you, you know where the door is. I'm done being bullied- and YES I said bullied. I refuse to be called ungrateful simply because I won't take abuse. So let's say... someone chooses to do something nice for you- does that entitle them to treat you like crap? To say vicious things about you within earshot?? To roll their eyes, scoff and demean you at any given opportunity?? Or to judge you? Or gang up on you with like minded people? NO it does NOT! No one deserves to be mistreated, EVER. Some people are so childish and immature that you just can't help them- they enjoy the way that they are, and will never, ever admit that they are wrong! To those people, I say GOOD RIDDANCE!

This is my blog, to express my feelings, and I don't care if it's on the internet for God and everyone to see, I will post whatever I want to, whenever I want to, be it about my family, pictures of my girls, or about how I am feeling on any particular day. That's all for now... I'm off to be a mother, wife and daughter to my loving, caring, wise and amazing mother & father. And obviously, the use of the word "YOU" in this post is generalized... but I'm sure the "YOU" people know who YOU are! Don't worry about me, and I most certainly won't worry about you! I'm done with nasty people in my life- completely DONE and OVER IT! My mother told me today on the phone not to be small... she said "Don't be small, Sarah..." and she is so right. I can't lower myself to the degree that some people put themselves at... I can't. It will ruin MY life and everyone in it and I care about the people in my life. I care about how I treat people, and how I EFFECT people. Every word we say in negativity will hurt someone, or hurt someone's someone be it their child, their significant other... it doesn't matter. It's a vicious circle this thing we call Hate. So here I am, refusing to be small! I'll raise my chin up and be proud of myself and my husband and children, because they are amazing. I will make mistakes, and I will apologize (novel idea, huh?) for them... I will be ME, and I will be proud. Take care readers, and remember to be kind... I know it might be a struggle for some... but TRY. :)

0 comments:

Some of our eclectic interests...