Friday, May 28, 2010

Hello!

Wow, has it been forever or what?! Well yesterday was Emma's last day of 1st grade, so we are officially on "summer vacation" with a nippy 51 degrees and thunderstorms for weather. LOL! We've been so busy this year registering Abby for a summer week of pre-preschool and her fully registered for preschool starting in September, getting Emma "graduated" from 1st grade AND Girl Scouts- she's going to be a big 2nd grader AND Brownie next year! We are so proud of her, we don't even know the words to explain it to her other than to tell her we are proud, and even though she smiles and tries hard to be a good girl and do the right thing, I don't think she will ever fully understand the utter pride and love we have for her until she's looking into the eyes of her own children with such love... It's been such fun raising my girls thus far and I overflow with pride and love every day!

We had planned an extravagant summer with our first actual family vacation to either South Dakota or to the beaches of Washington and Oregon, but we decided something smaller to start would be in order, so we think we might take an extended weekend break to a near by hot springs and plan a few fun little memories along the way. Emma also has summer camp with Girl Scouts up near Red Lodge in July, as well as a SEVENTH birthday! Whew!

Recently I've been confronted with a lot of various family related topics and issues and even though we'd love to visit Washington so the girls can see where their Grandma Debby and Grandpa Wayne live, the past month has been pretty rough for our close little family. A couple of days ago, my dad self admitted to an in-patient therapy for 21 days, and he really needs this summer to get his bearings and heal from his lifelong disease and battle with alcohol that's been reeking havoc on himself and our little family. I don't live near, or I think I would be affected more deeply, but I will forever love my daddy and am so proud that he's finally taken this very important step in his life, because I want him around me, Jeremy and the girls for a lot longer! He's so strong and amazing, with his faults and his regrets... he's only human and even though he's admitted his problem a long time ago (isn't that the first step... admittance?), he's finally just now taking the steps necessary to help heal himself and our little family. We don't have a huge extended family, it's pretty much just his sister and two brothers, their dad, me, my mom and brother and a couple of cousins, but we all used to be very close as I was growing up, so they are all dear to me. Family is so very important, and it's sad sometimes that I'm not able to see the ones who love me, Jeremy and the girls as much as they do, more often.

I haven't been taking many pictures of importance lately, just snapping a few off each month. I guess I need to get back into being camera crazy huh? Maybe this summer when the weather is much nicer! I will leave you all with a few random pictures! Take care all, and remember to love those who love you!




 Abby snuck into a picture Jer was trying to take of our yard... good job at a chemical company = GORGEOUS green, lush grass in the summer! :)


Our adorable 1st grader (at the time)! Next year- 2nd GRADE!




Here's Emma's smock from Girl Scouts, all of her patches are on and she's ready to become a Brownie next year! May 31st is her bridging ceremony! 




 Another picture Abby snuck into! Here's 24 completely amazingly gorgeous roses I got from my mom and dad for my 32nd birthday earlier this month!


And the night before my mom left from a long stay with us, we snapped a picture of the girls fresh out of the bath and a very tired grandma! Miss you mommy! Love you the mostest! :*)




0 comments:

Some of our eclectic interests...